I thought I knew what to expect from this book based on everything you had told us, and everything we had already learned about gothic literature. Although it had all the elements present in most gothic lit books, it still seemed weird to me. I just don't understand why it was so easy for them to stay in the abandoned abbey. Usually when people are hiding out, they build a little fort in the woods, they do not live in some giant castle where everyone get there own room, they cook and have hot meals, and even have guests over for entertaining.
I find it very funny that Madame La Motte things that La Motte has a thing for Adeline. Madame La Motte should understand that it is stressful running from the law and being a fugitive. He has to watch his every move and make sure no one finds his whereabouts. That would be the most logical explanation for his depression. Madame La Motte did not follow the rule "keep your friends close and enemies closer". If she thought La Motte fancied Adeline, she should have kept Adeline close and taken her under here wing like a daughter (more than she already had).
It is definitely hard to keep all of the guys that come and go in this book straight. I am going to need a system to remembering!
No comments:
Post a Comment