Sunday, September 26, 2010

Northanger Abbey

Northanger Abbey is surprisingly a very good book!  After the other books we had read I wasn't sure if we were ever going to read a book in this class.  This book is a lot more relatable then any of the others we have read.  I am a very sarcastic person myself so the quick witted humor really makes me laugh.  What I really like about this book is that Catherine is not just some dumb girl who can't think for herself and has to rely on men for everything.  They do a very good job of describing her life before she went to Bath, and how she was independent.  I did find it odd though that she went with the Tinley's to Northanger Abbey.  I mean, I know its the name of the book and a basically the plot line, but I just can't see going to stay with some guys family just for the heck of it.  That part is not very relatable, but I definitely understand the awkwardness of being in someone else's house and not really knowing how to act.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Northanger Abbey is better than the other books we've read to this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Northanger Abbey is a very good book. I thought it was going to be overly romantic but in fact it was a very interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The humor definitely helped lighten the dark gloomy mood of the other stories and books that we had read. I like that you talked about not going to a guys house for "the heck of it" haha you crack me up kara.

    ReplyDelete