Thursday, December 9, 2010

"Where are you going, Where have you been"

"Where are you going, Where have you been" is the book I felt most connected to.  As a girl growing up in today's era, this is a situation we are constantly reminded of.  I has been very prevalent in the recent year at TCU as well.  Being in the TCU bubble we all think nothing bad can happen to us, we walk alone at night, leave our cars and houses unlocked and never think twice about where we are going.  As we have seen recently, TCU isn't as much of a bubble as we all thought.  With the rapes from last year, and the muggings and attempted kidnapping/rapes this year, we all need to watch ourselves all the time.  This book was just another reminder that this situation has been putting girls in danger for longer then we have been alive.

c1815.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. This was the first story that really seemed like this could happen to anyone. It is very different than any other Gothic novel we have read because before this one, the other stories have been in settings that were so long ago regarding castles and moving statues and big helmets. This story was really able to keep my attention while I was reading it because it did relate to our situation as girls, living outside of our parents care, with no real protection or worry. It really does make you become more aware of your surroundings and of the people that you interact with in a normal day. We like to believe that everyone's intentions are good and pure, but it is good to be aware that that might not be the case with everyone.

    I have to admit that my roommates and I have become very good about setting the alarm at our house this past year!!

    ReplyDelete