This story was very eerie. When they are describing the house it took me a while to realize that they were most likely describing a room in an insane asylum. "one window and not room for two beds, and no near room for him if he took another". In the beginning she talks about her husband as if he is the greatest thing in the world, and is taking such good care of her, especially in the first few lines of pg 176. This is where I really see that she is delusional because no woman in the right mind would be so happy about her husband locking her away in a room and giving her insane drugs every hour. Finally we start to see some emotion from her, and depression, which is what a normal reaction would be.
At first I was slightly troubled by this story. I was wondering what the author had been through to write such a story. Did her husband send her to an asylym? Did he abuse her and lock her away? In class that next day I finally understood where this came from.. I cannot believe that was a remody. I think the doctor created that simply because he did not feel like taking care of female paitents so he just sent them to bed. Overall I enjoyed this book and I think it has a really interesting background story. I really like how she sent the story to her doctor as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment